Monday, July 18, 2016

File Trays and Cork Boards

Good Mid July! Can y'all believe that in two weeks it will be August?  This summer is flying by! I must admit, since I was blessed and offered a job in a new district, all I think about is school!  It's the mix of emotions we go through when change is embarking! 
Well I am happy to be linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.

 
Continuing with my spray paint craze, I took my old black plastic file trays....
and spray painted them to match the rolling book cart and metal shelf...
I love them!  I use my trays to stack my daily copied work.  I will label them Monday-Friday and they will find a home somewhere close to my work area.
 
So last year I used these 2'x3' bulletin cork boards to display my anchor charts.  I used the left over spray paint and after finding an inspirational Pintrest post by Beach House in the City, I attempted my own cork board makeover.
 
 BEFORE
and for the AFTER...
 
I did iron the fabric before pinning it on.  I think I will go back and pull a little
more on the edges once they are in place in my classroom.
 
Well those are my two Monday Made Its for this week.  Next week I am planning some computerized projects. Thanks for stopping by and remember to check out all the linkers to 4th Grade Frolics!
Have a blessed and fabulous week!

9 comments:

  1. I love your corkboard idea for anchor charts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They really came in handy last year when we had to cover up our walls during testing time. All I had to do was turn them around!-

      Delete
  2. Love how your corkboards came out:) Thank you for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a great weekly motivator!

      Delete
  3. I love your colors and your room is going to be gorgeous! Have a great week! Pam from PJ Jots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I never thought about spray painting the trays to make them match. That's a lot easier than trying to find them already the right color! :) Thanks for sharing,

    https://ladyliteracy-sixthgrade.blogspot.com/2016/07/classroom-rocking-chair-monday-made-it.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I never realized how easy it was to spray paint them!

      Delete