Monday, July 25, 2016

Monday Made It Freebies


Happy Last Week of July!!!! I am linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It. I love her linky!  It is always a great motivator.

My first creation is a simple birthday chart.  I love Educlips so I added some super cute birthday clips. I know I need something small, so I made this one printable on an 11x17 piece of cardstock. 
 If you like it, click here, for a freebie download.
 
For my second Made It, I was inspired by Texas blogger, Kayla from Texas Teaching Fanatic.  I had the opportunity to attend her wonderful two day workshop through my Education Service Center.  She introduced me to this book...
I am sure many of you are familiar with Gretchen Bernabei, and definitely for a good reason!  Kayla uses a lot of her materials and this upcoming school year, I plan on using this awesome resource!-
I have really been thinking about how I want to really make good use of my student Writing Journals and after attending this workshop I decided to do this....
This is a 100 page composition notebook. Although the students will have access to a variety of resources for writing, I wanted something that would be more personal to them.  I hope that they will use their journals more as their own entries will hold personal significant value. The cover will be decorated with meaningful pictures of themselves to personalize their journals.  I created four different tabs to utilize sections promptly. Each tab has 25 pages. There is a special tab to use along with Gretchen Bernabei's Grammar Keepers lessons; a Words, Words, Words for creating  self-made word walls and lists; Sentence Starters for meaningful sentence starters; and Ideas and Thoughts for student writing ideas, lists, graphic organizers, or pictures they find that will spark their memories and interests.
Again, my love of Educlips were added to the tab pages.
 


If you like it, feel free to download this freebie copy, here .  Let me know how it works for you!
 
My last project is not exactly a "made-it" project in the sense that I hands-on made the letters, but it is sort of a design....I just love it though and had to add it this week.  I was able to go into my classroom for a quick hour this weekend.  I found these wonderful letters at Michael's.  I always see the cute letters that say READ in classrooms, but I am teaching writing this year...so I spelled WRITING with these fabulous letters!
Well that's all I have for today.  Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. Your birthday chart is so cute!! Love how you used different letters in the word Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made something very similar for Word Analysis next year, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! Thank you for popping in.

      Delete